It has been a busy week for superstar Shakira. Not only has the Latina pop star been named a judge for the spring season of “The Voice” along with fellow superstar Usher, but now she has also announced that she will be a mommy.
Posts Tagged: Shakira
Currently in its third season, NBC’s “The Voice” is the latest talent competition to experience a shake-up at the judge’s table.
Sony is reportedly thisclose from signing a $60 million deal with Live Nation that would enable the concert promoters to record and release Shakira‘s next albums. Historically, Live Nation had to pair up with record companies to implement its 360 deals, which govern the revenue from sponsorships, merchandise, concerts and recorded music. Jay-Z and Madonna are two artists who’ve recently ditched standard record backers to go the Live Nation route.
Under the terms of the deal, Sony and Live Nation would split sales, according to The New York Post‘s insider. Sony would then serve as the distributor for Shakira’s next three albums.
Insiders quibble on the exact details of the deal — some say it’s $60 million, while others say it’s less than that. Madonna’s deal with Live Nation for MDNA was rumored to be around $30 million.
- Some wives give their husbands a tie or other trinket for their birthday. Angelina Jolie gave Brad Pitt a waterfall. (Celebitchy)
- 50 Cent just inked a deal with Pepsi to distribute his Street King energy shot. (All Hip Hop)
- Melanie Brown lost her baby weight in just three months; she credits Jenny Craig and exercise. (Perezitos)
- Debbie Reynolds will soon endorse the Stem Cell Therapy skincare line. (IMDB)
- With just one tweet, Khloe Kardashian raised over $6,000 for the World Wildlife Fund to help save wild tigers. (TMZ)
- Miley Cyrus and Shakira are teaming up for a charity single. (AllVoices)
- Jennifer Lopez‘s new flame Casper Smart gets probation for a drag racing bust. (TMZ)
- Terry Richardson‘s latest ad campaign for Equinox is raising some eyebrows. (Fashionista)
- Britney Spears‘ short list of wedding dress designers includes Betsey Johnson and Jeremy Scott. (Belfast Telegraph)
- Lindsay Lohan‘s new party pal is… Diane Keaton? (JustJared)
- Khloe Kardashian will soon begin in-vitro fertilization treatment. (Exposay)
- In Nicki Minaj‘s latest music video, she and Madonna share a “romantic” kiss. (Starpulse)
- Mary J. Blige shares some of her backstage must-haves, including apple cider vinegar, lemon and honey, and licorice. (Exposay)
- Katherine Heigl says she doesn’t have the discipline to have a body like Jennifer Aniston or Jessica Alba. (Us Magazine)
- Shakira chopped off her long blonde locks in favor of a bob. (People)
- Helena Bonham Carter says that actors are “paid a lot of money just to play.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
- Betty White has an upcoming prank show that sounds fantastic. (Perez Hilton)
- Kris Humphries is spinning singledom into a sweet bachelor pad, thanks to Jason Cameron of DIY Network’s “Man Caves” and “Desperate Landscapes.” (Us Magazine)
- Queen Latifah says that her HSN line fights back against the manufacturers who “don’t respect [plus-sized women's] dollar or our shape.” (People)
Celebs tweet the darndest things. Every weekday, Celebs.com filters out the fluff to bring you Celebs.com’s Seven Celebrity Tweets of the Day. From the funny to the controversial and the plain old weird, check back each day to get a handle on our top tweets!
Curated by Esther Gim