This edition of the Celebs.com Junk Drawer roundup features stories about the Rolling Stones, Psy and Jessica Simpson.
Posts Tagged: Roger Moore
David Beckham is one of several U.K. celebrities lending support to a UNICEF anti-famine campaign. Roger Moore, Eddie Izzard and James Nesbitt have also devoted their star power to the cause, which affects some 300,000 children in East Africa.
“It is hard for us to imagine our own children going to bed without any food or water,” said Beckham. “As a parent it is something I would never want my children to experience, but shockingly this is a reality for millions of children caught in the East Africa crisis. They go to bed hungry day after day, week after week. UNICEF, the leading children’s organization, has been working tirelessly to stem the impact of this disaster. I am proud of their work and the difference it is making to the lives of many of the world’s most vulnerable children and that is why I am a Goodwill Ambassador.”
Prince William and Kate Middleton are vocal supporters of UNICEF and this particular cause; last winter, they traveled to Copenhagen to tour UNICEF’s emergency supply center and implore citizens to donate to aid African children affected by famine.
- Boxer Joe Frazier is fighting liver cancer, and former opponent Muhammad Ali sent his prayers via CBS. (CBS)
- Justin Bieber said that he’ll take a paternity test to prove he isn’t the father of Mariah Yeater‘s child — and then he’ll sue her. (TMZ)
- Roger Moore, who played Bond in seven films, is not a fan of the 007 movies featuring Sean Connery and Daniel Craig. (Starpulse)
- Paris Hilton‘s motorcycle racing team just won the Valencia Grand Prix. Who knew? (Starpulse)
- Kardashian divorce update: SNL aired a hilarious skit on the Kardashian Klan. Kim Kardashian wants to keep her 20.5-carat ring and must pay Kris Humphries to do so. Oh, and Kim flew to Minnesota to speak face-to-face with Kris. Think they’ll reconcile after this PR nightmare? (Perez Hilton, TMZ, TMZ)
- While in Arizona for military training, Prince Harry ate an entire pizza. (Foodista)
- “Top Chef” host Padma Lakshmi candidly shares the difficulties she had in losing her baby weight. (Perezitos)
- What’s Evan Rachel Wood‘s defining Hollywood moment? To hear her tell it, it wasn’t working with Al Pacino. (Starpulse)