Melanie Brown, better known as Mel B, is getting ready to return to American television as a judge on “America’s Got Talent.” She is replacing Sharon Osbourne, who chose to leave the NBC show after her son Jack was allegedly fired from another reality show on the network, “Stars Earn Stripes.” Brown will be taking over Osbourne’s judges chair for season 8.
Posts Tagged: Melanie Brown
- Beyonce and Gwyneth Paltrow are reportedly planning a yoga vacation together. (Exposay)
- Kris Humphries‘ sister Kaela has just signed a modeling contract with Ford’s Plus Size division. (Fashionista)
- Kim Kardashian has decided what to do with her wedding gifts. (TMZ)
- Claire Danes says that her marriage to Hugh Dancy keeps her feeling secure and happy. (Exposay)
- Kate Middleton is set to make her first public speech on March 19. (People)
- Emma Watson will star in an upcoming Sofia Coppola film about the Bling Ring. (MSN)
- Melanie Brown says that since dropping some of the 66 pounds she gained during her third pregnancy, she feels less “like a slug.” (Exposay)
- Mariah Carey has been named the fairy godmother of Fantasy, the newest Disney cruise ship. (Perez Hilton)
- Kate Beckinsale says she “flunked adolescence.” (People)
- Pink announced that she’s working on a new album by (what else?) tweeting a photo of her new hair hue. (Twitter)
Melanie Brown has announced that she’ll host “Dancing With the Stars” Australia. Her new gig is a natural progression, as she’s already a host on the Australian version of “The X Factor” and competed on the U.S. version of “Dancing With the Stars” in 2007.
“Doing ‘Dancing With the Stars’ in America changed me,” said Brown. “I’ve danced all my life, and, of course, with the Spice Girls, but there was something so intoxicating about learning to dance in such a classic, trained way… I will be bringing my experiences to the show, and will be very protective of this year’s group.”
Melanie Brown says that her children “love it” in Sydney, adding, “It’s a similar lifestyle to L.A. but it’s somewhat better.” Her DWTS Australia gig is reportedly worth $1 million.
- Some wives give their husbands a tie or other trinket for their birthday. Angelina Jolie gave Brad Pitt a waterfall. (Celebitchy)
- 50 Cent just inked a deal with Pepsi to distribute his Street King energy shot. (All Hip Hop)
- Melanie Brown lost her baby weight in just three months; she credits Jenny Craig and exercise. (Perezitos)
- Debbie Reynolds will soon endorse the Stem Cell Therapy skincare line. (IMDB)
- With just one tweet, Khloe Kardashian raised over $6,000 for the World Wildlife Fund to help save wild tigers. (TMZ)
- Miley Cyrus and Shakira are teaming up for a charity single. (AllVoices)
- Jennifer Lopez‘s new flame Casper Smart gets probation for a drag racing bust. (TMZ)
- Terry Richardson‘s latest ad campaign for Equinox is raising some eyebrows. (Fashionista)
- Britney Spears‘ short list of wedding dress designers includes Betsey Johnson and Jeremy Scott. (Belfast Telegraph)
- Lindsay Lohan‘s new party pal is… Diane Keaton? (JustJared)
The celebrity baby boom shows no signs of stopping this week! Just two days after Alyssa Milano’s baby boy joined the world, Melanie Brown (that’s Scary Spice to most of you) has given birth to a little girl.
Mel already has two other daughters: Phoenix, from a previous marriage, and Angel, from her relationship with Eddie Murphy, but the new addition is the first child for her and her husband of four years, producer Stephen Belafonte.
On Twitter, Mel said, “Finally our baby arrives. Stephen nearly passed out, Phoenix screamed, I laughed so hard the baby popped out!!! She is just sooo amazing!!”
Three little girls and Mel… sounds like Stephen’s living with Spice Girls 2.0!