Anne Hathaway has a new interview in the latest issue of Allure magazine in which she discussed the unsavory side of preparing for her two current projects: “Les Miserables” and “The Dark Knight Rises.”
Posts Tagged: Hugh Jackman
Celebs tweet the darndest things. Every weekday, Celebs.com filters out the fluff to bring you Celebs.com’s Seven Celebrity Tweets of the Day. From the funny to the controversial and the plain old weird, check back each day to get a handle on our top tweets!
Hugh Jackman already has a line of charitable fair-trade coffee and tea called Laughing Man Worldwide, and he’s just added organic, kosher, fair-trade chocolate to the brand’s offerings.
Jackman hopes that Laughing Man will help small communities and companies thrive worldwide. “Laughing Man Worldwide is going to incubate different companies,” he said. “One of them is coffee and tea, one of them is chocolate. Who knows where we’ll go from there. Each of these companies that we create, 100 percent of the profits go to charities. It’s first and foremost about creating good products that people really want. Not that they feel they should want it, but because they genuinely want it. And then being able to create jobs and support entrepreneurialism.”
Jackman isn’t the only celebrity with a charitable food brand: Leonardo DiCaprio recently announced LYON, a coffee line that will benefit the actor’s eponymous foundation and the environmental charities it supports. Buy Hugh Jackman’s charitable chocolate from the Laughing Man online shop.
“I have been deeply fascinated by the life of Harry Houdini since I was young, and in many ways I’ve been preparing for this role my whole life,” said Jackman. “I am thrilled to be collaborating with this collection of artists who are all at the top of their game.”
The Wall Street Journal writes that we’ll see Hugh Jackman as Harry Houdini in time for the 2013-2014 season. He’ll spend 2012 alongside Sacha Baron Cohen in the upcoming film adaptation of “Les Miserables.”
Do you think Jackman will make a good Houdini?
Matt Lucas, who played the villain at the West End, tweeted his support, writing, “Sacha will be amazing in the Les Mis movie. He’s the funniest man in the world and a good friend. Am excited to see his Thenardier.”
The “Les Miserables” film will be directed by Tom Hooper and produced by Cameron Mackintosh. Other cast members include Russell Crowe (Javert), Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Anne Hathaway (Fantine), Eddie Redmayne (Marius) and Helena Bonham Carter (Madam Thenardier). Filming will begin in 2012.
Do you plan on seeing “Les Miserables” when it comes out?
- Hugh Jackman says he loses 3 to 4 pounds a day from the rigorous dancing routines on his musical “Back to Broadway.” (IMDB)
- Betty White has a new book out, “Betty & Friends: My Life at the Zoo.” (USA Today)
- Lady Gaga reveals the qualities her ideal man must have. (The Sun)
- Britney Spears is the most popular celebrity on Google+, the search giant’s social network. (Mashable)
- In other search engine news, Justin Bieber is the most-searched person on Bing, a spot formerly held by Kim Kardashian. (Perez Hilton)
- Alicia Silverstone dishes on eco-friendly beauty and home products. (People)
- Anne Hathaway is engaged to actor Adam Shulman. (Yahoo! OMG!)
- Tobey Maguire must pay $80,000 of the $311,000 he won from Ponzi schemer Brad Ruderman’s poker games. (I’m Not Obsessed)
- Scarlett Johansson re-records a duet with Dean Martin for Christmas. (Perez Hilton)