This edition of the Celebs.com Junk Drawer roundup features stories about Jennifer Aniston, Jon Hamm and Gwen Stefani.
Posts Tagged: Gwen Stefani
Gwen Stefani and Co. said that a few of the game’s possible manipulations — including the ability to have Gwen’s avatar sing with a male voice and her bandmates to sing with female voices — violated their publicity rights and transformed them into “a virtual karaoke circus act.”
Activision petitioned the court to throw out the case, but a judge recently denied that petition. A company representative said that the judge’s decision “simply means that there are disputed facts and we look forward to trying the case in the courtroom.”
Gavin Rossdale recently revealed a healthy attitude towards regret and perspective, calling those who don’t have regrets “morons.”
Speaking with BANG Showbiz, the Bush frontman said, “You’d be a moron if you live life and don’t have regrets. But I’m in this position of my life where I see everything as if I’m a hang-glider off the top of a mountain with a pair of skis. It’s all about what’s in front of me and all about where I’m going and to look around or look over my shoulder or look backwards will just put myself off balance.”
Gwen Stefani‘s husband revealed that he didn’t have any big regrets, and that his big focus was on getting what’s ahead of him. Do you think Rossdale’s perspective on regrets is a healthy way to tackle the New Year?
Jessica Alba, Megan Fox and Heidi Klum showing a little Navajo touch
By Allison Daniels
Bold. Graphic. Vibrant. These are key words to describe both the overall mood in fashion right now, and this week’s trend in particular: Navajo-inspired prints.
Do Native Americans actually have anything to do with these prints?
A connection, though indirect, does exist. In the late 1800s, the brand Pendleton Woolen Mills began creating patterns incorporating symbols from various tribes (in addition to non-Native American symbols).
Due to Pendleton’s widespread popularity, the woven garments with borrowed inspiration began to be perceived as original Native American patterns.
Regardless of the origins, the aboriginal-sourced patterns have recently been cropping up in runway shows like Vivienne Westwood and William Rast, at retailers like The Gap, and on style-setters like Ashlee Simpson, Jessica Alba, Heidi Klum and Nicole Richie.
Here are a few fun Navajo-print celeb adventurers from whom to learn:
Gwen Stefani, Ashley Tisdale, and Blake Lively go bold with printed caftans (to varying degrees of success). We’ll give Gwen the benefit of the (no) doubt as hers look like pedicure flip flops. While there’s no fashion excuse for Ashley’s hat, and Blake’s outfit could benefit from a heel (to balance the volume of her wrap), it is Miss Lively who comes the closest to getting the story right.
Rachel Bilson, as always, is pitch-perfect in a summery print tank, citrus-hued sandals, and a black pencil skirt and has also been known to rock the reverse, balancing prints on the bottom with solid classics up top.
How to best get the look?
When playing with prints, I recommend choosing one Navajo-print accent and keeping the rest of your pieces in solid colors (unless you feel confident that you’ve mastered the art of mixing prints). Toy with color combinations that are complimentary or contrasting to your printed item, but make sure to stay in the same tonal family (meaning stick with either cool colors OR warm colors – not both).
Here are some great Navajo-print items to warm up your wardrobe this winter:
Add one or two of these items to your cold-weather wardrobe and you’ll warm up the chilliest of climates!
- Lindsay Lohan is making a cool half mil as the face of Philipp Plein’s clothing line. (Celebitchy)
- The little ones of Angelina Jolie and Gwen Stefani had the world’s most glamorous play date. (Yeeeah!)
- Ellen DeGeneres was treated for chest pains yesterday, but she’ll be A-OK. (Allie Is Wired)
- Are Kristin Cavallari and Jay Cutler rekindling their romance? (The Blemish)
- Looks like Uma Thurman won’t be getting the deposit back on that yacht, huh? (CelebSlam)
- Gavin Rossdale sings game show themes on Jimmy Kimmel. (S?O!W?)
- More pics of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises. Now with cat ears! (Caught on Set)
- Beyonce is due in February. So start shopping now! (Celebitchy)
- Daryl Hannah was arrested… at the White House! (CelebSlam)
- Gossip Girl bloopers: watch and enjoy. (S?O!W?)
- A “mystery buyer” wants to purchase the rights to the Kim Kardashian sex tape and then pull it off the market. (ICYDK)
- The hilarious and awesome Judy Greer is the latest cast member to join Two and a Half Men. (Bitten and Bound)
- Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel: together again. On bikes. (Faded Youth)
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale win “most envious abs” any day of the week. (Anything Hollywood)