Cate Blanchett is making her directorial debut in “The Dinner.” The film is the second film adaptation of a novel of the same name by Herman Koch.
Posts Tagged: Cate Blanchett
Check out the studio’s official interviews with the stars of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey – Cate Blanchett (Galadriel), Elijah Wood (Frodo), Martin Freeman (Bilbo), Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf), Andy Serkis (Gollum), Hugo Weaving (Elrond), and more.
This edition of the Celebs.com Junk Drawer roundup features stories about Adriana Lima, Danielle Fishel and Adam Levine.
Last night at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, Elle magazine held its 19th annual Women in Hollywood gala.
Cate Blanchett looks refreshingly realistic on the cover of the March/April 2012 issue of Intelligent Life. No post-production retouching was done to the image for print; Tim de Lisle used the space in his editor’s letter to explain the choice:
She looks like what she is—a woman of 42, spending her days in an office, her evenings on stage and the rest of her time looking after three young children. We can’t be too self-righteous about it, because, like anyone else who puts her on a cover, we are benefiting from her beauty and distinction. But the shot is at least trying to reflect real life. It’s a curious sign of the times that this has become something to shout about.
In the accompanying feature, Blanchett discussed the theatre she runs in Sydney with her husband and why she chose to exit Hollywood at the height of her career to head back to her homeland. “It’s important to dislocate yourself, to go outside your comfort zone, which includes coming back,” she said.
What do you think of Cate Blanchett’s Photoshop-free cover? Should more magazines follow suit?
- Cate Blanchett says plastic surgery results fill her with pity, not admiration. (Exposay)
- Rihanna‘s never been one to shy away from flaunting her bikini-ready body, so why would her dad call her fat? (Exposay)
- Betty White has a crush on a man she’s never met: Robert Redford. (OMG!)
- Mark Wahlberg brings Boston Teamsters to A&E. (Perez Hilton)
- Drew Barrymore welcomes big life changes: a wedding, a baby, a new religion. (Exposay)
- Whitney Houston wills her estate to one sole beneficiary. (TMZ)
- Kanye West gives fashion editors an accessory they weren’t expecting: the boot. (E! Online)
- Snooki will be trading party time for potty time. (People)
- Demi Lovato pulls back the curtains in courageous “Stay Strong” special. (E! Online)
- Ashton Kutcher shows support for former stepdaughter Rumer. (TMZ)