- Jalouse gives Megan Fox something to cry about. (The Fashion Spot)
- Believe it or not, Octomom Nadya Suleman debuts a new set of twins. (TMZ)
- The recently engaged Anne Hathaway knows how to throw a good party. (Exposay)
- The good news? Lindsay Lohan has a hit. The bad news? It’s an accusation of hit and run. (Radar Online)
- Daddy Dennis Rodman says it’s not a joke: he’s completely broke. (TMZ)
- Angelina Jolie finally addresses the pose that made her infamous at this year’s Oscars. (Pink is the New Blog)
- Sophia Bush may be all woman, but she’ll soon be joining the Girl Scouts. (Starpulse)
- Why Scarlett Johansson may be feeling her role in “The Avengers” for years to come. (IMDb)
- Justin Bieber explains why he is an awesome “Boyfriend.” (People)
- The latest Hollywood feud: Will.i.am and… Simon Cowell? (The Sun)
Posts Tagged: Anne Hathaway
“Lindsay Lohan and I have more in common than people think,” she explained. “We’ve all done things we shouldn’t. It is just that I did stuff at college when nobody knew about it, so I’m not a saint. I wasted time doing self-destructive things.”
In 2008, Hathaway inadvertently made news for the wrong reasons when her ex-boyfriend Raffaello Folleri was incarcerated for fraud. She told The Sun that the experience taught her that “you need to hold onto that sense of humor — I’ve been in so many embarrassing situations over the years.”
- Did Steven Tyler flub his National Anthem performance at yesterday’s NFL playoff game? (Dlisted)
- Hilary Duff may be 7 months pregnant, but that doesn’t mean she can’t hit the recording studio. (Us Magazine)
- Ne-Yo gave fans 200 free tickets to his upcoming film “Red Tails.” (Starpulse)
- Kristin Cavallari is pregnant. (People)
- Claire Danes receives the prestigious 2012 Woman of the Year award by Harvard University’s Hasty Pudding Theatricals, joining the ranks of former recipients like Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway. (Pink is the New Blog)
- Britney Spears is about to be freed from her conservatorship. (MSN)
- Kate Beckinsale reveals the diet and workout regimen she followed preparing for “Underworld: Awakening.” (Foodista)
- Kris Humphries ditches his PR team after 73 days — one day longer than his marriage to Kim Kardashian. (TMZ)
- “The Vanilla Ice Project” has been renewed for a second season. (MSN)
- Despite reports that Heidi Klum and Seal are about to file for divorce, sources now say that they’re trying to work things out. (Radar Online)
Anne Hathaway recently sat for an interview with the Los Angeles Times for its upcoming Film Sneaks issue to talk all things “The Dark Knight Rises.” Of course, Hathaway plays the sultry Selina Kyle, better known as Catwoman; she’ll join Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Tom Hardy.
Gotham City is full of grace,” Hathaway explained. “You look at Heath‘s performance as the Joker, there was a lot of madness there but there was also a grace and he had a code there. There’s a lot of belief and codes of behavior in Gotham and my character has one, too. A lot of the way she moves and interacts with people is informed by her worldview.”
Bob Kane, who is credited with creating the original comic-book version of Batman, indicated that Catwoman’s character was largely inspired by Hedy Lamarr, so Hathaway did some research to emulate Lamarr’s mannerisms. “I know this sounds odd, but her breathing is extraordinary,” said Hathaway. “She takes these long, deep, languid breaths and exhales slowly. There’s a shot of her in [the 1933 film] ‘Ecstasy’ exhaling a cigarette and I took probably five breaths during her one exhale. So I started working on my breathing a lot.”
Matt Lucas, who played the villain at the West End, tweeted his support, writing, “Sacha will be amazing in the Les Mis movie. He’s the funniest man in the world and a good friend. Am excited to see his Thenardier.”
The “Les Miserables” film will be directed by Tom Hooper and produced by Cameron Mackintosh. Other cast members include Russell Crowe (Javert), Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Anne Hathaway (Fantine), Eddie Redmayne (Marius) and Helena Bonham Carter (Madam Thenardier). Filming will begin in 2012.
Do you plan on seeing “Les Miserables” when it comes out?
Every year “Forbes” ranks actors according to the dollars they generate per dollar of remuneration they receive to determine which actors provide film investors with the best return, aka “Hollywood’s Best Actors for the Buck” list.
The financial windfall earned by Summit Entertainment from the “Twilight” franchise’s latest installment, now closing in on $600 million in worldwide box-office and still holding pole position at the domestic box-office, has been astounding. As reported by Dorothy Pomerantz at Forbes, the first three movies in the “Twilight” series have cost a total under $200 million and have generated close to $2.5 billion in revenue.
As a result, Kristen Stewart lands on top the Forbes list of actors who provide the best return for dollars spent, and only beats out Robert Pattinson because of his lower performing efforts “Remember Me” and “Water for Elephants” which may have increased his personal earnings but dilute his performance in earnings per dollar.
Forbes only considers actors who’ve been in three or more movies in the past five years, and the films had to open in more than 500 theaters. Animation efforts are also not included.
Here’s the list:
1. Kristen Stewart (“Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1″) – $55.83
2. Anne Hathaway (“Alice in Wonderland,” “Bride Wars”) – $45.67
3. Robert Pattinson (“Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1,” “Water for Elephants”) – $39.43
4. Daniel Radcliffe (“Harry Potter” franchise) – $34.24
5. Shia LaBeouf (“Transformers” franchise, “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps”) – $29.40
6. Robert Downey Jr. (“Iron Man 2,” “Sherlock Holmes”) – $18.74
7. Matt Damon (“True Grit,” “The Adjustment Bureau”) - $15.83
8. Cate Blanchett (“Hannah,” “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”) – $15.17
9. Meryl Streep (“It’s Complicated,” “Julie & Julia”) – $13.54
10. Johnny Depp (“Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise) – $12.48