By Elizabeth Mitchell
As with any good awards show, the Primetime Emmys are as much about the fashion as who takes home a trophy. If you tuned into this year’s ceremony, you’ll know that the red carpet style definitely didn’t disappoint. From statement-making, fiery red evening gowns to glitzy, hip-hugging dresses, Celebs.com tackles the one question that’s on everyone’s mind—who were the best dressed celebs of the evening?
Check out our top ten list complete with pics after the jump!
10. A-list actress and Emmy presenter Katie Holmes blue our mind in this simple, chic belted dress by Calvin Klein Collection. A messy high bun adds the finishing touch to pull together her fashionable red carpet look.
9. Donning a strapless Georges Hobeika Couture Fall 11 gown with lace overlay detail, Emmy nominee Julia Stiles looked like the portrait of a lady as she hit the red carpet in true Emmy fashion.
8. Emmy award winner Kate Winslet turned up the heat in a sophisticated red cap-sleeve dress from Elie Saab’s Resort 2012 collection. Pulling her hair back into an elegant updo, Kate looked effortlessly chic and polished per usual.
7. The always fabulous Emily Blunt dazzled in a deep v-neck navy blue gown by Elie Saab. We guess the devil doesn’t actually wear Prada, and neither does her assistant!
6. Actress Evan Rachel Wood channeled old Hollywood glamour with her swept back do and black sparkling evening gown from Elie Saab Fall 2011.
5. Emmy presenter Minka Kelly was lovely in lace at the 2011 awards ceremony on Sunday night. The Friday Night Lights actress wore a long-sleeve navy gown by Christian Dior and Barbara Bui shoes.
4. Modern Family’s Sofia Vergara looked insanely sexy in a custom coral one-shoulder dress designed by Vera Wang. Chandelier earrings and a slew of gold bangles complete the look without distracting from the gown.
3. Keeping the rest of her look fairly simple, Glee actress Lea Michele wowed in a red-hot Marchesa dress and minimal jewelry. We love the low draped back and embellished shoulders of her glamorous awards gown.
2. Kelly Osbourne looked fabulously glam as she showed off her fit new figure in this gorgeous, curve-hugging dress by J. Mendel. We bet the stylish star won’t be seeing herself on E!’s Fashion Police anytime soon (except as a judge or on the best dressed list, of course)!
1. Vampire Diaries’ actress Nina Dobrev stunned on the red carpet Sunday night in this beautiful bright red strapless gown by Donna Karan. To top off her look, Nina accessorized with a Judith Leiber clutch, Neil Lane Jewels and Brian Atwood Heels.