Ben Affleck is finally talking about the backlash he has received after being cast as Batman in the upcoming “Man of Steel” sequel. During an appearance on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” Affleck says he’s “tough” and doesn’t seem to be taking the harsh comments too seriously. However, the actor admits he wasn’t sure about taking on the role himself.
“They called me up and said, ‘Do you wanna do this?’ And I thought, ‘Well, I’m not 25, man. Are you sure about this?’” Affleck said.
Once he signed on the dotted line, Affleck says the movie’s execs wanted to prepare him for the reactions from fans of the caped crusader who may not share the same vision as filmmakers.
“I’m a big boy,” he joked. “They said just don’t use the Internet for a couple of days…. I handle shit. I’m very tough,” he joked. “I saw the announcement, I look down on the first comment…the first one just goes, ‘Nooooooooo!’”
It was announced last month that Affleck would be the next Batman, and fan reactions were generally pretty unhappy as many recalled the less-than-successful film “Daredevil.”
The next Batman feature film is expected to hit theaters on July 17, 2015. See Affleck’s interview with Jimmy Fallon below.